OOMMF Tutorial Series
This page provides background references and resources for
the Micromagnetics and
online tutorial series that ran from 21-May through
The following papers provide nice introductions to micromagnetics
theory and practice:
The OOMMF User's Guide
includes detailed instructions on installing OOMMF, or you can look at
the OOMMF Installation Overview
. An easy option for
beginners is to bypass installing OOMMF altogether and run OOMMF
through a web-interface with a free account at nanoHUB.
There is a
nanoHUB OOMMF First Time
to help getting started.
- Session 1, 21-May-2020
- Homework: (1) Gain access to OOMMF either
through nanoHUB or by installing it on your own machine.
(2) Find the Quick Start section of the OOMMF User's Guide (the OUG)
and work through steps 1, 2, 3b, and 4.
(3) Explore some of the sample simulations (under examples/oxs/ on
nanoHUB, or oommf/app/oxs/examples/ for local installs).
- Session 2,
- Session 3,
- Download sample files from the session
- Session 4,
- Download sample files for the session
The videos are also available on
Date created: May 18, 2020 | Last updated: February 11, 2021