Next: OOMMF and Process ID
Up: Command Line Utilities
Previous: Oxs package management: oxspkg
Oxs regression tests:
The oxsregression runs a test suite for the Oxs solver. For
each test, an instance of
is run and the results are compared against reference results stored
in subdirectories under oommf/app/oxs/regression_tests/.
The oxsregression launch command is:
tclsh oommf.tcl runtests [-autoadd] [-alttestdir] [-cleanup] [-ignoreextra]
[-keepfail] [-listtests] [-loglevel level] [-noexcludes] [-parallel n]
[-resultsfile stemname] [-showoutput] [-sigfigs digits] [-threads count]
[-timeout seconds] [-updaterefdata] [-v] [testa testb ...]
Take notice of the interplay between the -parallel n and
-threads count options. The former is the number of tests run in
parallel, and the latter is the number of computation threads active in
each test run. The total number of threads active at one time can
therefore be as many as n x count.
- Automatically adds new tests from MIF files found in the examples
Specify an alternative test directory to use in place of the default
directory list oommf/app/oxs/examples/,
- If oxsregression is killed or crashes mid-run, then some temporary
result files may be left on disk. This command searches for and offers to
delete these stray files.
- Ignore extra columns, if any, in test results as compared to
reference results. This is useful in development work when
changes to a MIF file introduce additional data table output.
- Keep results from failed tests. Normally test results are
- List all selected tests and exit without running any tests.
- -loglevel level
- Controls the amount of log information written to
oxsregression.log in the regression test directory
oommf/app/oxs/regression_tests/. The default setting is 0.
- Some tests suffer from various numerical problems. These are
excluded from testing, unless this option is specified.
- -parallel n
- Run n tests concurrently, with default n=1. This option is
only available when using Tcl 8.6 or later.
- -resultsfile stemname
- Test results are written to temporary files; by default these files
have the stem oxsregression-test-output. If oxsregression
is run simultaneously, perhaps on different machines on a shared
file system, then overwriting of files from one process can
interfere with the processing by another. The -resultsfile
option can be used to cordon off results between simultaneous runs.
- If this switch is not specified, then stdout and stderr
output from boxsi is swallowed by oxsregression.
- -sigfigs digits
- Number of significant (decimal) digits to use in comparing test to
reference results; the default setting is eight.
- -threads count
- Number of threads to run boxsi with. This option is available
for threaded builds only. The default is the default thread count
- -timeout seconds
- Maximum number of seconds to wait for one test to finish; any
individual test that fails to complete within this time span is summarily
terminated. The default time is 150 seconds; use 0 to indicate no timeout.
- For developer use only; this option causes the reference results to
be replaced (overwritten) with new test results.
- Enable verbose output.
- testa testb ...
- Tests to run, with glob-style wildcards (*, ?) accepted. If no tests
are specified then all (non-excluded) tests are selected. Subtest
selection must be quoted with the test to appear as a single
"exch6ngbr 1,7,9". If no subtests are
specified then all subtests are run.
OOMMF Documentation Team
September 29, 2021