Next: The PADE Main
Up: The PADE User's
Previous: Starting PADE
This section describes several auxiliary windows that appear from multiple
places within PADE.
- File Browser -- used to select a file. A list of files in your
home directory or the directory specified by Set Preferences
is presented. Double-clicking on a file name selects
that file. You can change to another directory by typing in a new directory
name and clicking on Rescan, and create a new file by typing in a
new file name.
- PADE Edit File window -- accesses a file for editing. The file
name can be entered in the text part of the window; usually a default file
is provided by the parent window. There is a button to bring up the file
browser to select a different file. There is a button to launch the user
specified editor command.
- PADE List window -- a scrollable/savable window used for listing
files or output. The contents can be saved to a file by clicking on the
Save button, or discarded by clicking on Close.
- Text entry boxes -- many windows have a section for entering text.
In most cases text can be pasted in from other non-PADE
windows. Mark text in the other window by dragging the left mouse button
over it. Paste it in the text entry box by clicking on the middle mouse
- Data entry windows -- the pop-up windows for entering the PADE data
under the Setup and Graph buttons contain an Apply button
at the bottom. This must be pressed to apply the changes to the PADE
data. When entering file names, the ``*'' character can be used as a wildcard.