Next: Entering Host Commands
Up: Example PADE Session
Previous: Starting the Virtual
The first part of the set-up process is to construct the PADE host list.
Hosts may be added to the list one at a time using Add Host... under
the Setup button, however it is quicker to obtain the host list
directly from the PVM hostfile as described above. It is crucial that
the host names be identical to those known to PVM, as indicated by
the PVM console command conf
. A common example of when these names
may differ is that PVM may drop the domain from the name of the development
- Select Add from Hostfile ... under the Setup button.
- Double-click on the name of the PVM hostfile you previously created.
- If any of the host names in the PADE main window are not
identical to those in the PVM console window, then
- Click on the host name in the PADE main window.
- Select Modify Host under the Setup button.
- Edit the host name in the pop-up PADE Modify Host window.
- Click on Apply